THE PURPOSE OF THE GAMBIAN YOUTH ORGANIZATION (GYO)
- To create and foster mutual understanding and good relationship through communication and information sharing in our community.
- To create social programs such as tutoring, counseling, indoor & outdoor activities to keep the youths off the streets and make them responsible citizens.
- To embrace our African Culture & values and amalgamate them with mainstream American Culture to help us work well in the communities.
- To create conducive atmosphere for youths and adults to share useful information and solve adults and youths related problems.
- To establish an organization where peace, unity and harmony shall prevail as to foster an unconditional love for our people, and humanity as a whole.
- To raises funds to assist needy students and natural disaster victims in the United States and third world countries.
- To provide information and aids for youths and adults with regards to educational issues such as college admission, choice of career, financial aid, adult literacy programs, etc.
- To confront health, immigration, financial, abuses and social issues that affects us in the community and find tangible and intangible solutions solving them.
- To provide financial, moral and emotional support to members of our community gear towards creating a support network.
- To provide members with information on employment, housing,